Whitehouse Photography is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide information from which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement and with the requirements laid down by law in the Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998, The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations (PECR) 2003 and the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018.
Whitehouse Photography may change this policy from time to time by updating this page.
WHAT WE COLLECT?
We may collect the following information:
- Your name or job title.
- Contact information including your email address, postal address and telephone number.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers provided by us.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record-keeping and to administer any dealings that you might have with us.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services to you.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided and given us consent to use.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or post but only in accordance with your expressed consent for such contact.
THE LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA
We collect this data from you on at least one of the following legal bases:
- That you have provided your explicit consent for us to do so.
- That we need to in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you (which includes the provision of quotations or estimates as a result of a request from you).
- That we have a legitimate interest in doing so for our own commercial marketing activities where our use of your data is proportionate, has a minimal impact on your privacy and is an activity that you might reasonably expect us to be engaged in.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will only retain your personal information for the minimum time that is necessary. For some purposes such as our business accounting obligations, this length of time will be determined by legislation.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on our website(s), look for the box or boxes that you can choose to tick to indicate that you agree or opt-in, so that the information can be used by us for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to withdraw consent, data retention and the right to be forgotten – If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct-marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us. We will comply with your request within one month of receiving it. Please note, there may be certain circumstances such as a legal obligation we may have, that means the right to be forgotten cannot be implemented but we will inform you of this should you contact us on this basis.
- Right of data portability – You have the right to request a copy of the data that we hold about you in order that you can reuse it for your own purposes across different services. This right is only applicable if you have given us explicit consent to process your data or if we have used it for the performance of any contract(s) we may have (had) with you. If you wish to do this, please contact us. We will provide the information in a commonly used and machine-readable format free of charge.
- Right of access to your data – You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us.
- Right to rectification of inaccurate data – If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly rectify any information found to be incorrect.
- Right to object to processing of your data – You have a right to object to us using your data for marketing under the basis of ‘legitimate interests’ and if you wish to do so, please contact us.
· Personal information or data can take the form of a personally identifiable image, we will ask for written consent to use the image in our marketing, website, social media and or shop display, once you have given us consent to use you still have the right to ask us to remove from display or usage. You may do this by contacting us at any time to request this. Please note that once an image is used digitally, for instance social media or Google the process of removing that image may take up to 90 days to remove it from Google.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR 2018. This is free but in the case of manifestly unfounded or excessive/repetitive requests we reserve the right to charge a small administration fee of £10. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please contact us.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. All your information is stored either electronically on our secure servers or in the case of paper documentation, in secured cabinets only accessible by the Data Controller.
Any password(s) which you might use to access the website or other platforms that are operated by Whitehouse Photography using third-party providers are your own responsibility and you undertake not to share them with anyone else. If you believe your password(s) has/have been compromised, you must inform us straight away and change it.
We may transfer a large amount of data or images to you as part of your contract with us, we may use WeTransfer or email to send this data. We will endeavour to keep your data safe, however email services such as gmail and hotmail are not secure therefore once we have sent your information or images to you via these sites we cannot be held responsible if the third party sites are breeched.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Controlling your personal information
When using parts of our website you may encounter forms to fill out with your email address or other personal information at which time you will have the option whether we may contact your pertaining to that form or event.
If you have created an account with us, you can update your account information at any time by logged into your account and using the My Account area.
If you wish to have your information removed from our system, you may email us at email@example.com with your request and we will process that as soon as possible.